Monday, September 12, 2011

I ran 25km and I'm never doing it again. And a gear review.

Yes, that was my Saturday afternoon. Running 25km, then lying on the couch feeling nauseous and heatstrokey/dehydrated, despite drinking over a litre of water on my run. It passed after a few hours and I am actually not sore at all, so I guess it wasn't a total disaster. But, I realized that I am not a long long distance runner, and I think I enjoy 12-15km best at this point in my life.

I've never carried water on a run before. This was my first time testing out mine - I would provide a link but it's not even on the MEC website anymore. Anyway, it's a bottle with a neoprene hand-hold, with a zippy pocket built in. Basically the same as this one.

REVIEW!
- I hate carrying things while running and the neoprene made my hand really sweaty
- The pocket was great because I didn't have to try and get my key off my keychain, but in hindsight I should have stuffed that dang pocket with electrolytes and not keys. This does not affect my review because this is my own fault and not the pocket's fault.
- I did not like the valve. Trying to suck water out was horrible. I am a thirsty sweaty girl I need water quickly. I ended up stopping and screwing the lid off and guzzling the water.
- On second thought, the neoprene might be good because my sweaty paws would possibly drop a plain plastic water bottle.

Overall: 3/5.

**Disclaimer: Please be aware that no one gave me this bottle for free to try. This is not that kind of blog. No one gives me anything free because I only have 4 followers. I don't have another one to give away, but you can all have my love and affection!**

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was great because it involved brunch, which involved waffles and mimosas.

ALSO, I suffered through the run with a terrible audiobook. The horrible writing and bad plot are made worse by the narrator, who sounds like a ditzy 11 year old. Please send me any audiobook recommendations you have. I don't know if I can even finish this one.

This post sounds really cranky. But, please be aware that I am not always an angry person and am actually moderately pleased with myself for running 25km. It's just a Monday, that's all, so I am out of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment