Monday, August 8, 2011

oh so this is what DOMS feels like.

Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is something I've heard about before. Some people say that you're not working out hard enough if you don't get it, others say it has nothing to do with muscle growth. All I know is that it is not pleasant.

I haven't pole danced in 2 or 3 months, due to a variety of factors (wallet with drop-in card stolen, schedule doesn't fit mine, etc), but Friday I wanted to hit a new studio that a friend of mine opened - it was cheap, close to home, and had spinning poles!

Let me tell you, it is a bad idea to go full in after not pole dancing for a few months. The calluses you get, the muscles you use, all these things go back to zero. So, I was able to do a lot of the moves I had before, but lost a few that need more serious strength, but nailed one that I had never gotten before which was pretty cool (knee hold! Oh yeah!).

Other than that the weekend involved about 10 hours in the car travelling to a wedding, so no running. I meant to go this morning, but I thought it was raining outside so I reset the alarm and went back to sleep. <: ) Turns out it was not raining at all.

In other news, I really like the city running tour that Lazy Girl Running has on her blog. So I kind of want to do a Toronto one. Any have any sights they want to see in Toronto? Obviously the CN Tower will be on the list, I've also got:

- The AGO (art gallery)
- The ROM (Royal Ontario Museum)
- Rogers Centre (formerly the SkyDome)
- The beaches

What do people come to see in Toronto? I will try to get a picture of a mountie, or at the very least a horse cop, but I don't think I can get one of a beaver or a moose. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment