Friday, August 5, 2011

Still got it!

"It" being the ability to run 10k. It's been a while since I did anything other than run home, or maybe do 7k. So, Wednesday night, I walked the dog, then laced up my shoes and headed out in the drizzle to run along the boardwalk by the beach.

It was not too hot out for once, which was aweeeeesome, but still warm enough that with the heat and humidity, my glasses kept getting misted over and fogging up. And, trying to wipe them on a damp, sweaty t-shirt doesn't help much. : \

I was pretty sore the next day, but glad that I managed to get in a long-ish run. I think I might need a new route, or maybe to bring a streetcar token next time, because I don't mind running along the beach but I don't like turning around and knowing I have to run all the way back home!

So, followers/readers, do you prefer to run loops, or out and backs? I prefer loops! I can trick myself into going further!

1 comment:

  1. While they require more planning, I like loops better too. Out and back isn't as exciting, and there's the possibility of talking yourself into turning around sooner than you planned. With a loop, you're stuck out there running the full distance! :)

    ReplyDelete